posted in: Awesome Shit, Illustration, News, Nox, Preview
By the time I post this entry, it’ll be less than two hours before we welcome the new year.
I’ve been surprisingly productive during the last days of 2010: Been drawing the whole day today and finished the last two sketch requests for Cmeow (Cielrith) and Jex (self-portrait). Aaaand I finished two pencils the other day:
I’ll add a background starting with these sketches. They have always been a weak point of mine and I think this is the best way to practice. It’s one of the things I’ll be improving next year… err… tomorrow. XD
MY GOD, I SPENT AN HOUR TRYING TO THINK OF WHAT TO WRITE NEXT ASIDE FROM, “Hey, this is a nice way to end the year, yes?” but I can’t think of anything so I’m just gonna say that 2010 is a very so-so year but I spent the whole year flailing and spazzing with the most amazing people I have ever met in my life SKCAKSCNAKCNAKC! I LOVE YOU ALL, GUYS! STAY AWESOME! LET’S DO THIS AGAIN NEXT YEAR! XD
I also made a lot of mistakes but they’re all things essential to my success. We’re always supposed to learn from them so all is fair. I’ll be a better person next year, improve as an artist and become more awesome.
posted in: Awesome Shit
A quick Year of the Rabbit greeting card. Happy New Year!
OTL, I’d really love to do something more than a sketch but I still have lots of things to do. Anyway, best of luck for the coming year, everyone! 2010′s been a so-so year for me but I think I made more progress this year compared to 2009.
- Had a complete drawing style change. OMGWTFBBQ! I still need to work on it but it’s a great start~
- Practiced digital painting once again.
- Worked on False Awakening like YEAH! I finished all the character design for the Mains and I’m now pencilling the other characters. After that, I’ll go back to story writing and polish it once more before working on the turn-arounds, storyboard, script and thumbnails. Aaah~ I still have so many things to do
- Launched my portfolio site
- Started doing requests and made Ana flail twice :D
- Did well in college – studied a lot, learned a lot.
- Met a lot of nice people.
- Joined ICC.
- Polish my drawing style
- Start working on False Awakening… hopefully.
- I procrastinated a lot last year to the point that it affected those people who I’m working with. anskancka, I’m terribly sorry guys! ;_; I’ll work harder.
- Patience, patience, patience, patience.
- Work on my digital painting skills more.
- IImprove my anatomy & background skills, work on details, read lots of artbooks, and FREAKING IMPROVE LIKE YEAH!
- Read lots of books. Period.
- Relax. But not too much. I think the reason why my performance this year is bad is because I try to do everything at once. So relax, self.
- Stop letting those great opportunities pass by.
- Self-study the piano.
- Social life, come back here! We have lots of catching up to do. :D
- Write more. Hello, Script Frenzy & NaNoWriMo 2011!
- Save money.
- STAY AWESOME. BECAUSE I’M JUST AWESOME LIKE THAT!
Happy Year of the Rabbit!
posted in: Meme
AZIENYAN’S INFLUENCE MAP (also: “Just So You People Know where I’m Coming From” meme)
I completely ignored the rules. I demand that you ignore them, too. Hahaha. Please beware that under the cut is a massive wall of text. Also this is a repost from my Tumblr sketchblog. Follow me there if you have one! :D READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »
READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »
posted in: News, Site Updates
Site went down today (or it’s probably been down days ago and I just didn’t notice). Apparently it’s a case of corrupted files. Hopefully, everything’s working fine now. I hope that didn’t cause any trouble for you guys.
I’ll be updating the site with tons of sketches I did last month once I get my vacation next week. For now, I need to finish the 2D animation short we’re doing and an ad campaign for my marketing class.
See you people in a week! o/