More stuff from my finished works folder, which I, unfortunately, can’t release yet.
I really enjoyed working on this one more than I did with Blood Oath, partially because I finally had the chance to think about the specifics of Reo’s character (previously Hope Ilbrig). However, although the image is related to her, it’s more of a depiction of one Chrysallis’s important traditions and it makes me giddy because all that world-building I did is finally paying off. I now at least have a clear idea of how I want the world to look and the way Chrysallian societies work, and this gave me more ideas to use for polishing the material I already have.
Anyway, I need to sleep. I’ll be working on finishing the pencils for two or three more works
tomorrow later. *yawns*
posted in: News, Site Updates, Web Design
It seems that the only time I get to update this site is when I do a layout change. Sad. Things have been quite busy for me lately, but everything I’m doing these past few months are all art-related so I guess I’m forgiven? I can’t update the site with new artworks right now, though! I’m going to hold everything back until about a week before my final defense for my portfolio class (this site’s also included, yay!). I have lots of things to do still and this might be the last post I’ll make until then.
Anyway, here’s a list of new site changes:
- I changed the site URL from AZIEESTEBAN.COM to CZARESTEBAN.COM. The website will still be accessible using the old one, but my main url will now be CZARESTEBAN.COM. In case anyone’s wondering, Czar is from Czarina, my first name (I have such a manly nickname, I know), and Azie came from a friend who mistakenly read my signature (‘czar’) years ago.
- Because I changed URLs, I can now be contacted at: czar [at] czaresteban [dot] com
- New header layout and navigation! This time it features a rendition of Scheherazade, my brave little full-support Archbishop from the online game, Ragnarok, years back. Man, I miss that game.
- How gauche would it be to make a Facebook page for this site? A little? Too much? Anyway, I already did it so I guess it doesn’t matter anymore: Faintest Clouds on Facebook
- Faintest Clouds can also be found at Google+: Faintest Clouds on Google+
- Artworks now have links to longer artist’s statement if there’s any. Just click the “More Details” part when the lightbox opens.
posted in: Animu & Mango, Nox, Preview
I guess I should kiss any plans to update this blog once a week goodbye. I need to finish 25 artworks for my portfolio as well as the stuff I’m going to do for the exhibit, and any planned time for typing posts have been given instead to painting. And I’m not even half-way done with those. I have four of them fully sketched out already (old pieces) and around seven thumbnailed, but it’s the painting part that’s taking most of my time. I really hope to finish at least 70% of it before mid-February so I could focus on the exhibit pieces. /cries
It also doesn’t help that my left forefinger got itself into an accident yesterday. The cut’s pretty deep and it makes it painful for me to press keys (if you spot numerous typos on this post, you know what to blame). Fantastic, right when I need my shortcut keys.
It’ll probably heal in about a week or two, but I really hope it won’t cause me to slow down with my already slow working pace. Anyway, here’s some update on the WIPs posted weeks ago:
I’ve been switching between five different artworks (+ schoolwork, duck) these past few days. Last I opened the file, Bloodoath’s already close to completion. I just need to tweak stuff here and there and it’s ready to go. The one below, on the other-hand, is one of those illustration I’ve been switching with the piece above. It’s not anything related to Nox, though, but right now this is my priority.
I’ll update with more stuff when I find time. And probably add some Psycho-pass stuff (/theories/ideas/whatever) in the mix, too, since I desperately need to get that series out of my system as well. Damn, Urobuchi-sensei, that’s one interesting series you made. If anybody’s watching it, you are most welcome to comment below~!
posted in: Illustration, Nox, Preview
…and by the time I post this it’ll probably be 4 AM already because eeeee~ I can hear Sawashiro Miyuki’s voice as Female!Hawke right in the tab next to this one and it’s downright distracting and enough to send me fangirling over the horizon.
Meanwhile, have some WIPs:
I should also probably include the other initial sketches I did before arriving at this one, but I think I’ll just do that next time when I’m actually aware what my hands are typing. Anyway– This is an old idea I’ve been toying with since I was able to establish a proper background for her character. I’ll elaborate once I post the final work, but damn, I didn’t expect things to go the way they went when I rewrote everything. So it’s now either going to be awesome or I’m going to die knee-deep in the shit I made when I start working on the series itself, LMAO.
Also, I’m trying a new way to paint the skin and I figured that this piece would be a nice chance to use it. I’m still trying to find a comfortable workflow when I’m painting using this technique but I rather like how it turned out here. Let me know what you guys think!
posted in: News, Site Updates, Web Design
Oh, wow. My last update was about a year ago. I’m a huge waste of webspace and money, LOL.
I’ve been quite busy last year hence the lack of new stuff. Although, I can’t say last year was good despite having stuff to do. If anything, 2012 was an absolute disaster for me, LMAO, and I sincerely hope that 2013 will be a good year. *crosses fingers*
But first things first: Welcome to Faintest Clouds (a.k.a. Panagimpan version 4.0, Wanderlust). I’ve been meaning to change the site’s name for quite some time now and I figured I might as well bring it with this major update. Besides, this transition is a lot more personal than it may appear. Not going to reveal it until it comes but the keyword is already posted up there. ヽ(；▽；)ノ
I made the layout um… flexible to change? I’m not quite sure if that’s the right word but I designed/scripted the layout in a way that I’ll be able to easily change stuff around (like the header) because I’m fickle-minded like that. I also placed more focus on the artworks part of the site, because, really… that’s the main purpose of this site in the first place, and I felt that the previous layouts failed to live up to that.
I left a lot of room for tweaking, so I may still end up making changes here and there, but overall, I’m pretty satisfied with how this one turned out! (⌒▽⌒)☆
Oh, and some Nox news, because I was able to work on it a bit last year:
- I haven’t dropped this one. I have no intention to. It’s far too late to walk out on this project, anyway. Plus, there’s not reason for me to stop because the story’s already halfway written(or probably less than that depending on how the stuff in the middle will fit) and with the ending in place. I’M EXCITED MCLASMCLAMCASCM ;;;
- Sadly, during the process of re-writing pretty much everything, I had to remove two (or was it three? Gah!) characters present during the mock pages of the ‘series’. RIP, them all. (T_T)
- I have the initial pages drafted since 2011, but you guys won’t be seeing anything until 2014 at the earliest. But but but! I’ll be uploading concept artworks related to the series within this year!
- On a not-so-unrelated note: I’m planning to write a short comic within this year as practice for future pages.